E: tompage87@gmail.com
T: @PhotosPage

1.11.12

Studio Time...

For Dereks online shop




It has to be said, product photography isn't really my thing. I knew that on the first day of my work experience at a photography studio in London. It looked such a lonely and ungratifying strand of photography. Stuck in a room with no natural light and pile of toasters and desk chairs to photograph. Bleak if you ask me. 

So when I was asked to photograph some products for a new and innovative online shop, DEREKS, I knew I wasn't going to let it be like that. Mainly as there is no substitute for natural light... and we couldn't afford to hire all the fancy kit!

DEREKS is a fresh new way to shop online. all the products are british by design and are curated into shop windows of different price brackets.

Inevitably there were hours of editing to be trundled through but we tried to photograph outside where possible and most importantly the brief was to keep the shop 'windows' creative and colourful while hopefully allowing each product to sing.

I hope we did the products justice. 














A new way to shop online. All products made or designed in Britain



No comments:

Post a Comment